When deciding whether or not to take Dual Enrollment classes make sure you understand the pros & cons, and identify if they will benefit you. Below are some pros and cons to consider.
* Prepares students for college.
* May provide courses that cover subjects not offered at high schools.
* Cost-effective way to earn college credit.
* Can potentially graduate with a high school diploma and Associate's degree.
* College courses can give you a closer look at your area of academic interest.
* May interfere with high school coursework and extracurriculars.
* AP classes may prove more challenging than an intro-level college course.
* Not all colleges accept dual-enrollment credit.
* May have challenges adjusting to college life.